The Connectivity section does research on systems and methods for enabling reliable communication links, as well as distributed algorithms that make use of realistic connectivity models. The research problems and projects focus on:
- Connectivity enablers, dominantly wireless, but also wired, at the physical, MAC and link layer. Examples include: MAC/PHY protocol design, massive MIMO, PHY/MAC for ultra-dense networks, etc.
- Connectivity for the Internet-of-Things (IoT) and massive Machine-Type Communications (MTC);
- 5G wireless system design;
- Ultra-reliable connectivity for mission-critical applications (smart energy, industrial automation, cyber-physical systems, blockchain)
- General problems in communication and information theory.